[Shotimes] Wheel Bearing replacement?

Bruce Malachuk bmalach1@nycap.rr.com
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 10:20:39 -0400

Hey all, need some help making sure I'm getting everything I need to replace
my two front wheel bearings before the convention. Well only one is got play
to it but I figure what's good for one is good for the other. I'm gonna be
doing this myself with the exception of the pressing in and out of the new and
old bearings. I plan to pull both front knuckles and take them over to my
local napa that has a machine shop in it and have them do the pressing of the
bearings.

So I need to order all the "needed" parts ahead of time so that I'm not trying
to find all these things last minute or spend loads on buying them locally. I
figure that I need to get 2 of the large nut on the end of the spindle and the
bearings themselves. Is there anything else I should be getting when doing
this? Also are there any good tips or tricks to these? I'm gonna be replacing
my Lower control arms and ball joints at the same time as well as both the
inner and outer tie rods, and the front sway links too. I have just about
everything I need except for the control arms and the bearing parts and I'm
just about to submit an order on rockauto.

I know I'm gonna need an alignment after this so I'm planning on getting that
scheduled for late in the day that I plan on attacking this. Cause I also need
a new windshield, and my NYS inspoection taken care of.

Thanks

Bruce
94 Opal Frost MTX
93 Black ATX - winter beater then parts car :-)