[Shotimes] CID problem - 214 Code

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:23:21 -0400

Had what appears to be a classic hard start symptom associated with a
failing camshaft position sensor.  A while back I had posted that there was
stumble problem with my SHO and had pulled the codes.  A few of you had
suggested at the time to replace the CID sensor.  I decided to hold off for
a bit to be sure.  Today at the mall the car was left out in the sun,
probably low 90s outside.  Went to start it and it had the hard starting
problem.  Turned the ignition off, back on, and car started begrudgingly
(tach read zero during this time), the CEL popped on, then tach started
working and and then the CEL shut off.  When I got home I ran the KOEO test
to pull the code and got a 214.  So I'm going to replace the CID sensor now.

FYI, the PIP or crankshaft position sensor, is brand new, so I can pretty
much discount that as the problem.

I didn't find a writeup on Shotimes for how to replace (I understand this is
fairly easy to do, but I haven't ever done it before myself).  I'd
appreciate it if someone would e-mail me their favorite instructions.

Thanks and Cheers,
Carl Prochilo
92 Ultra Red Crimson