[Shotimes] coolant hoses

Paul Nimz niks@dlogue.net
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:15:13 -0500

Just bypass the TB and IAC with one piece of bulk hose.  I'll send a
picture.

Paul Nimz
'97 TR
'93 EG mtx
-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Jonathon Beisler
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 12:46 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] coolant hoses

Ah, my life is so ironic.  I kinda half read the stuff about hoses and CPS
and water pumps because I replaced all of this a couple months ago, but
wouldn't you know it, as I'm driving home last night, I start to smell
coolant coming through the AC and then a second later the low coolant light
comes on.  I get home, coolant is splashing all over the driveway.  To make
a long story short, it was a simple hose attached to the TB with a split in
it.  Took me about an hour to get it off because of my access to the bottom
part of the hose going into the head.  I realize that Ford makes these
things difficult to bring people back to the dealer for repairs, but come
on!
Anyway, my question is this, and it might be dumb, but hey, it's me were
talking about here.  How many hoses are there that need to be replaced on
this engine other than the upper and lower hoses?  I know about the little U
shaped one in the front (or side, back? bottom? sorry Jim, :P), and the ones
to the TB.  And of course, I know there are one's for the heater, but I
haven't looked too closely.  Does the Helms detail this?  Thanks for the
help.  Anything to avoid standing over a hot engine on a hot humid day!
JB