[Shotimes] anti-lock light

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:36:50 -0400

I have what sounds like the exact same symptoms.  In addition, I will also
**sometimes** get the light to come on if I hit a bump, other times the
light will come on just rolling the car down the driveway.  Funky, huh?
About half the time I can go for an entire 20 minute trip with no light.
One thing is for sure, and that if the light comes on, that ABS is off
(duh!).  I wanted to show-off the brakes to a friend of mine and sure enough
the wheels locked up.

I should say that this problem started on my 92 after a serious amount of
work was done to my car where the rear brakes were completely replaced and
the fronts got a 96 brake upgrade.

I've inspected both ABS rings in the front and they are not cracked.  Kevin,
I suggest you look here on your 93 to see if there are any cracks on the
rings.  I had this problem on my 92 several years ago.  The easiest way to
repair this is to just replace the axle, but the ring itself can be
replaced.

There is a thought that the ABS side of the hydraulic system may have some
contamination.  This would require a complete bleed that would have to done
with the proper equipment, most likely at a dealership.

Anyone know where I can find the procedure to pull the ABS codes and their
meaning?  The FAQ has no information on the ABS system.

Cheers,
Carl Prochilo
92 Ultra Red Crimson