[Shotimes] 16x7 or 16x7.5 ?

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:58:19 -0400

Kegel had good advice: look in the 35-42mm range.

Hey choices for the SHO suck anyway!

Also where are you looking? If you buy a copy of one of the Import
performance mags, there are a whole bunch of wheel providers that I never
heard of that handle FWD cars. If you are only looking at Tire Rack or
Discount, the choices are quite limited.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Carl Prochilo
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 1:55 PM
To: Ron Porter; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] 16x7 or 16x7.5 ?

The bigger the offset, the closer the inner edge of the wheel gets to the
center of the car, right?  So too big a number will cause rubbing against
the strut.  The gen 1s have the problem of rubbing the edge of the fender.
I don't believe that's the case for gen 2s.

If I really need a larger offset, then the choices go down even more.

Carl P.