[Shotimes] OT routers & firewalls - was (OT) Somebody Has A Virus!

Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:52:05 -0400

Ok, maybe somebody can answer this for me.  How do you configure a
firewall on a router?  I have cable broadband at home.  Right now I'm
running a software firewall (Black Ice).  I'm thinking about getting a
router; mainly so I can get internet access on my other computer.  But
I don't understand how you can "set it up", if the firewall is now
before the computer.  Does software "flash" a chip in the router?  Or
do you use the settings prgrammed into it right out of the box?

Mike Wojton
Toledo, Ohio

-'95 Green MTX  3/01-1/03
   ShoShop y-pipe