[Shotimes] RE: Shotimes digest, Vol 1 #2226 - 12 msgs

d.rosicke@snet.net d.rosicke@snet.net
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 20:57:20 -0400

I use a P-200 with 128MB RAM and run WINPROXY.  Statefull Firewall,
Tend-Micro Anti-Virus, and Content Filtering for the girls all part of the
package.

Inside I have an SMC Switch for the computers.

My clients are usually either WinProxy, SMC or NetGear.  Linksys works, but
many people I know of have had compatability problems on multiple levels.

I run any 802.11b or 802.11a with WEP, No Broadcast SSID, and OPEN, not
Shared Key.  Haven't had anyone crack it yet, and I've asked a couple of
people to try.

802.11g is NOT an IEE standard yet.  AND a "g" radio will drop to 11MBit if
ANY "B" devices are present.

Dave R

Message: 6