[Shotimes] brakes funny after new pads - kinda long

Ron DeReus dereus@fbx.com
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:56:39 -0500

The lame way...

Do parts stores loan out he vacuum and pressure bleeders?  I bet they would
help get any air out of the ABS controller, too.  The Chilton's mentioned
some special code reader or something that would activate the parts of the
ABS controller to flush out the air as you bled each wheel.

I know some of you mentioned having this done at dealerships in the past
with their special equipment - but neither one near me, nor Midas, seemed to
know about anything special to be done on ABS equipped vehicles.

Ron D.

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Ron Porter
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 4:02 PM
To: 'Ron DeReus'; 'Shotimes'
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] brakes funny after new pads - kinda long

It sounds like you need to bleed the brakes again. If you had the ABS kick
in, you have had the new fluid run though the system.

How are you bleeding the brakes? The "having a friend push the pedal" method
is the lamest way to go. A vacuum or pressure bleeder does the best job.
The type of brake pad also matters, although the PFCM pads will give you a
firm pedal (unlike cheap pads like Albanys)