[Shotimes] new to mailing list

ianf@eden.rutgers.edu ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:56:25 -0500 (EST)

I tend to classify the gen2's with the 4thgen max's (95-99) as they are
more comparable in terms of power and handling. I dunno; I don't think
that I have odd proportions; I fit in a 4th gen max much more
comfortably than any Gen1/2 SHO.

I've been driving the SHO..just replaced a rear caliper, again. It
doesn't seem right to have calipers fail every 1.5 years.

I love my SHO as much as I hate it, but I would never reccomend that
someone ever buy one. This all started because a newbie was asking some
questions and I hope he knows what he is getting into. I was under a
false illusion that the SHO was a reliable 4 door sedan that was easy
to make faster and wouldn't give me any problems, all while being
practical while in college. If it wasn't for the nifty people like you
Dave, I probably wouldn't still have this car. ;)

Seriously, SHO ownership is not just about the car itself; for many of
us, its about the community as well.

Ian

> I don't know Ian, the Maxima supposedly has 37.4" of rear head room
and
> 36.2" of leg room.  The Gen 2 Taurus has 37.6" of  head room and 37.7
leg
> room.  Now I'm not sure how they measure that, as far as where they
place
> the front seat.  Maybe that's with the front seat all the way up?
>
> The current Gen Maxima has about 2 more inches of wheelbase, so I
could see
> where it may have an inch or two more rear headroom with the front
seat all
> the way back.  But you make it sound like it's cavernous back there
compared
> to the SHO, which it's not.
>
> Have you been driving your car?  Did it break again?  You're back on
your "I
> hate my SHO" six month cycle.  :)
>
> I really don't think it's fair to compare the Gen2 SHO to the current
Max,