[Shotimes] rod bearings

Kerry Kinion kerry@kinionfurniture.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 23:32:36 -0700

OK - I know this is REALLY stupid, but what and where is the idler
bearing and half-shaft?  I'm learning (slow as it may be) one part at a
time!  This might be a big help in getting the pan back on though, as I
had a heck of a time dropping the thing out!!

I'm feeling a little intimidated, but also pretty pumped, looking up
into my engine from the bottom.

Kerry
-----Original Message-----
From: BJamesjr@aol.com [mailto:BJamesjr@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 11:43 AM
To: Kerry Kinion; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] rod bearings

> Tomorrow: Finish taking Y-Pipe off, starter out,
> oil pan off.

As I recall on my 90MTX, one or 2 of the oil pan bolts near the
transmission were very difficult to get to.  I had to buy a 1/4" drive
universal joint to get in there.

I loosened the idler bearing for one of the half-shafts but did not
remove it.  This gave me just enough clearance to squirm the pan out.
It was tight but did come out.