[Shotimes] rod bearings

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Thu, 1 May 2003 12:54:53 -0400

Answers:

1.  Yes, do dry runs. Once you get the knack, it's actually very easy.

2.  Yes, it's normal.

3.  Are you cleaning it with a toothbrush? Spray degreaser on, hose off!!

It was a 3-4 hour job for me.....not counting the 1.5 days messing with the
broken Y-pipe studs!!

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Kerry Kinion
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 2:11 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] rod bearings

Questions:

1.  The oil pan was a major pain to drop - any tips for putting it back
in?  Will definitely take a few dry runs at it!

2. When I was replacing bearings, I had a little trouble getting the
tangs on the bearings to seat "perfectly".  When I started tightening
back up I am just counting on these seating right.  Is this normal?

3. Who said this was a 3-4 hour job?  I know I'm a rookie and slow - but
I'll have 3-4 hours in cleaning my oil pan!!  Can't put it back on
looking like it does! :-)

Kerry - '93 MTX, 111k, fresh 60k+, learning a ton as I work on the
bottom end of this thing.