[Shotimes] @$#!*$ Ford Wiring Harnesses

Kevin - Cheryl Airth CLUBAIRTH@peoplepc.com
Fri, 2 May 2003 10:31:10 -0500

Chris:
 This has happened to me also. The problem is really not the plastic piece
that breaks off. It's the corrosion in the brass male and female pin or the
dirt and crap in plug itself. This makes it very hard to pull apart and then
you pull on the plastic tab some more thinking it's keeping the plug from
separating. Then you bust off the plastic tab and I think that shock gives
enough of a "impact" to unseat the connection? I have found after I get a
connection apart once, it usually does not give me any trouble later on. I
purchased a tool to force the plug apart without pulling on the tab but it
does not seem to work any better. Does anyone use a spray to help lubricate
the electrical connections to help get them apart?

So to really answer your question: Get another set of hands. Have one person
JUST hold the tab back and you supply the muscle to pull apart the plug.
Watch skinning your hands/elbows and other body parts when the plug "pops"
apart!
.
.