[Shotimes] Exhaust parts question

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Fri, 2 May 2003 15:13:00 -0400

I believe you have the flex pipe between the y-pipe & catback. Better fit
than the MTX setup. Don't know what the gasket(s) is (are) for that, but a
parts store should have them.

You need the oil pan gasket set, obviously. You can get new manifold studs,
but if the y-pipe drops without breaking any, I would just leave them alone.

If you want, although not necessary, it's also easy to get to the oil
pressure sensor from underneath once the pan & stuff are out of the way, so
you could get a new one.

Also, a new oil tube pickup gasket. Josh has the EGR that fits (and a parts
store "may" have it), but if you're careful, you could reuse the old one.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Steve Tatro
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 2:54 PM
To: 'SHOtimes (Team.net)'
Subject: [Shotimes] Exhaust parts question

So, when I tackle my rod bearings next weekend (assuming I can amass all
the necessary parts), what exhaust parts should I replace?  I was
thinking it would be nice to replace all the y-pipe to manifold studs.
How about the y-pipe to cat-back?  How about any gaskets?

Oh, and are these parts for an ATX the same as for the MTX?  Obviously
the y-pipe itself is a different shape.

One more thing.  Any aftermarket vendors (NAPA, AutoZone, etc) have
these parts for sale?

Thanks,

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 167k miles