[Shotimes] RE: OT - Test drives of new Evolution and STi

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Fri, 2 May 2003 17:07:40 -0400

Yep, very interesting!

I think they missed the point of the radio-delete in the STi, though. The
intended market would be trashing the factory setup for a custom deal,
anyway.

Those were god articles, compared to the trash article on the new C6
Corvette. They tried to make it sound like the Second Coming Of Christ, but
it's just gonna be a mildly redone C5 with a Z06 motor. Hopefully they
finally drop the oh-so-'80s flip-up headlights. The typical Vette buyer will
probably love it (Ok, I'll turn the sarcasm mode off now!).

From: Paul L Fisher [mailto:sho@paul-fisher.com]
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 4:22 PM
To: SHOtimes (Team.net); V8SHO
Subject: OT - Test drives of new Evolution and STi

Just got my latest AutoWeek (5/5/03). They test drove the STi and Evolution.
They rated them the 2nd and 1st fastest cars respectively they have ever
tested through their slalom course. In addition, the Evolution does 60-0 in
100 feet which is the best they have ever tested.

Wow!

Can't wait until dealers start charging list or less for one of these.

Paul L Fisher
'93 Ford Taurus SHO Crimson Clearcoat ATX 172K Build date 11/18/1992
- K&N Panel filter, Tokico Struts, Eibach Springs, Dynomax cat-back, Holley
190lph fuel pump, FPS rebuilt ATX, 26mm rear sway bar, Performance-Plus
Stainless Steel Y-pipe, '96 brake upgrade, Proportioning valve plugs, Delrin
sub-frame bushings, Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30 oil, Amsoil Synthetic ATF.

SHO Club member http://www.shoclub.com/
Check out my web site http://www.paul-fisher.com/
Amsoil dealer http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil.htm

Get $5 free from Paypal! https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=P3XEFFBFUFKN6