[Shotimes] Beat by a Lincoln LS

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 4 May 2003 13:27:57 -0400

IIRC, Lincoln dropped the 5-speed option in the V6 for '03 (maybe it was
even gone for '02).

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Ron Fleshman
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2003 1:20 PM
To: 'SHOtimes (Team.net)'
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Beat by a Lincoln LS

<<I believe that you would be hard-pressed to even FIND a V6 LS. I heard
rumors that they may have sold a few.....but I'll bet dealers never
ordered them.>>

Believe it or not, the local L-M dealer has two on their lot--both
automatics.  They can't get rid of them.  A lady in town also has a V6
which she bought because it was cheap.  I asked the dealer awhile ago
about the 5-speed option.  He laughed at me.  Never give a Lincoln
dealer something that even resembles performance.  He won't sell it.  In
fact, he won't even order the sport package.  "Not our market," he told
me.

Ron
92 OW
98 TR