[Shotimes] Markings on new tires

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Tue, 6 May 2003 21:38:39 -0400

I have also found the 450 to be a very decent tire for the money,
considering that they are an all-season tire with a 300 treadware rating. On
the 911, they are better than the Dunlop D40M2s they replaced, and have been
fantastic in the wet.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Mark Nunnally
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 6:36 PM
To: shotimes
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Markings on new tires

My ES100's I put on the 92 a few weeks back had 3 tires marked, with none on
the 4th.  We guessed :o)

All balanced up well, and car is smooth at triple digits.  I like the tire
so far, lots of bang for the buck, but we'll see how long they last.  They
seem to have pretty good straight-line grip.  If I known it was going to
rain at Watkins Glen yesterday, I would have ran them on the 89.  As it was,
I ran the nitto 450's which did better than I thought they would.  Decent
grip and very predictable.

First 2 sessions were dry (cold and windy, ugh), the 3rd it just started to
rain and I ran my bald Khumo V700 track tires.  They actually did better
than I thought, but with the quaife when you hit any standing water at WOT
it would almost want to yank you to the wall :o)  The nitto's on the next
(last) session did a lot better than the khumo's (go figure :o)

mark