[Shotimes] UGH (Coolant hoses & T-Stat)

Chris "Zap" zap@columbus.rr.com
Wed, 7 May 2003 00:26:47 -0400

Okay, for you folks who have replaced the coolant hoses... do they all
decide to go at once?!?  Not even a week after I fixed the last one, now
there is another weird location hose (not a main one) that is squirting a
bit under high RPM.  I think it may be one of the smaller lines, but I'm not
going to stick my hands in there until it cools down a bit.  The leak has
migrated now to above the middle of the tranny, underneath the throttle body
and intake hose.  Luckily it doesn't seem to be as fast of a leak, so I can
probably still drive the car to school and not lose much coolant.  Then it's
back to the grindstone, hopefully this one will be easier.

Also, I've now had the Ford T-Stat in the car for almost a week.  I've
noticed that the temp gauge goes up a lot more, sometimes to RM on NORMAL,
which is good... but on the freeway it likes to hang at or just below L.
The old T-stat wasn't a Ford, so I'm guessing the extra coolant flow is
letting it run cooler on the freeway?  I'm hoping this isn't a problem, but
I don't seem to see how it can run at normal temps and then go weird on the
freeway... Any insight on this is appreciated! :)

Thanks,
Chris