[Shotimes] Fram oil filter

sho2go srfdude@cox.net
Wed, 7 May 2003 16:54:21 -0700

I just changed my oil/filter after an AutoRx treatment, the filter was the
Fram PH3600.  Cut it open to see what was in there (this was on my '90 w/150K
miles) and found the bypass valve to be on the bottom.  Pretty black, but no
gritty stuff.  Has anyone cut any of the normal suspects for an SHO filter
apart to find the bypass on the top (where it should be)?  The oil forum tests
are showing that just about all filters will go into bypass at either cold
temps, or high revs; I hate to think all the stuff thats filtered out just
washes right through the bypass, when its on the bottom (opposite the screw-on
end).
Mike