[Shotimes] Fun run this morning

David Rosicke d.rosicke@snet.net
Wed, 7 May 2003 21:26:11 -0400

I was behind an Audi Wagon with MTM on the back - nothing else.  Looks like
a modifed A6.

Still on the highway, he caught me unawares and jumped me before I hit it.
He backed off on a corner?!?! at 65.

I wound up following him towards my work unexpectedly.

There is a section that goes from a light, makes a turn, then goes striaght
(albiet up a hill) for 1/4 mile.  In town, no lights until the top of the
hill.

I kept the RPM's at 4K going around the turn in second, and I saw him hit
it.  I matted the gas, and saw him slowly walk me - not what I expected from
what apeared to be a tuner car.  Given enough road, he would have gained
significantly, but we only topped second and hit 5K in Third.

After a look around the Web, it apears to be this:
http://www.mtm-online.de/html/bezeichnung.php4?Marke=AU&Modell=A6%20Allroad&
FZID=ALLROAD184Q

Ouch!

But, since it comes with up to 450BHP, I really doubt the one I ran was
improved very much!

Dave R.