[Shotimes] need tow hitch for 96

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Thu, 08 May 2003 08:42:38 -0500

Joseph,

Check out U-Haul.

I bought a neat class 1 receiver style hitch for my '96
before the Maryland convention.

They have two types.  One hangs down and is visible under
the car like normal.

The other tucks under the bumper (expecially so for the SHO)
and has the receiver portion at an angle.  You buy a
specially angled ball mount for that one.

I took the first type, because it is hard enough for me to
get all the mount stuff on without having to reach up under
the bumper, and the hitch doesn't hang down low enough to
interfere with anything.

U-Haul also installed the wiring harness.  Our local shop
has some good people, but be aware that some U-haul shops
hire people with zero skills or care!  You could buy the
hitch and have another shop put it on if you don't trust the
local places.

Also, if U-Haul doesn't do the trick, check out local
camping accessory stores or places that sell
campers/motorhomes.  They usually have experienced people.

Don Mallinson