[Shotimes] Help in noise ID

Kerry Kinion kerry@kinionfurniture.com
Fri, 9 May 2003 00:10:26 -0700

Finally - someone who gets crappy mileage "in town too".  Autobahn - You
SOB, What fun!!

Are you implying I have a small gas tank?? :-).

Really, though, when I go to fill up, when I'm almost on "E", 17 gallons
goes in.  So I"m assuming I have a standard 18.? Tank.

I can't ignore miles per tank - consistent 215+/- miles per tank??

What gives??  Is it just because I do so much small town driving?  Or,
could it be something else??

Kerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Cassidy [mailto:jcassidy1@hot.rr.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 11:28 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Help in noise ID

It seems to me that my lead foot is the culprit. I have the 18 gallon
tank. In town I get crap for mileage (10-13 mpg), where as on the
highway I have reached 23.13 mpg before. Yet strangely at constant high
speeds (100-140 mph on the autobahn in Germany) over a 150 mile trip I
barely went over a quarter tank of gas. I figured that running the car
at those high rpm's would drain your tank quickly. Maybe it was because
it was constant.

> Maybe you got stuck with the smaller gas tank.  Forget about
miles/tank and just figure out your gas mileage.

> Dave Kegel

goes.  I drive very short distances in a small town >> (lots of stops)
with once weekly 40+ mile freeway commutes to Portland, but crap, I only
get