[Shotimes] 94 Moonlight Blue MTX FS

Randy Smith RandyMTU98@comcast.net
Fri, 09 May 2003 09:46:28 -0400

Well, the time has come to part with the SHO.  Where are ya Ryan, you
still want it?  Quite a few people around here know this car.  It looks
very good for the miles.  I think for what is included, I've got it
priced pretty fair.  I think I'm going to move on to a WRX next week,
so I need to get what I can out of this one.  Pictures upon request.
In addition to what is listed, it is still exibiting the noise I
described the other day.  My current bets are exhaust leak and I'm
imagining the rest of the symptoms or perhaps oil in the plug wells
hindering spark.  I swapped the MAF's yesterday and put in the LPM.
This morning it seems much more responsive out of the hole.  The only
60/100k service was performed at 80k.  Here are the rest of the
details...

94 Moonlight Blue with tan interior (rare combo) MTX
168k miles, 2nd owner and I bought it at 127k
This car had no options from the factory.  No sunroof, no keyless
entry, no CD player (means it has the coin/cup tray!) no full leather
(seats are in good shape)  Drivers seat is power, passenger not.  The
previous owner took it from there, and Ive added a few more things.
Engine/Exhaust: SHO Shop can (carbon fiber) and cone, factory airbox
included.  80mm MAF calibrated to factory computer.  Second 80mm MAF
with LPM.  Motorcraft plugs and wires about 20k ago.  Performance Plus
Ypipe, DynoMax catback about 3 years ago.  UDPs (PS, Alt and water
pump)  Replaced drivers side muffler last fall.  Mobil 1 every 5k since
Ive owned it.  About every 3k with previous owner (another SHOtimes
lister at the time)
Chassis: 96 brake upgrade, Eibachs and Tokicos, Nooks long SFCs,
replaced rear sway bar endlinks about 2 years ago.
Interior: Momo pedals, Momo shift knob (clean original shift knob
included), Alpine CD player, Boston Accoustics 6.5s in front, Clarion
5x7 plates in back.  Code Alarm installed.  Customized Radio Shack CB
in tape tray.  Cincinnati SHO floor mats.  Climate control buttons are
cracked but ok.
Known issues/recent fixes: Rear upper strut mounts, just replaced AC
Condenser/dryer (the rusty pipe under the battery) last summer.  The
power steering gives me some trouble when its very cold and the car
isnt warmed up.  Once its up to temp, its ok.  I get squeals from
the AC and PS belts occasionally, so both may just be loose.  Rear door
window motor replaced 2 weeks ago.  Needs tires/alignment.  The winter
tires have enough tread for a few more summer miles (at least through
this summer), but they werent that great last winter.
Body: Overall good condition, the whole nose clip was repainted about 3
years ago and still looks good.  Some rust on the doors and trunk.
Ive been taking care of some of it slowly.  Some battle wounds on the
right front and left rear.  Nothing major or all that noticeable, but
its there.
Extra parts included: Factory airbox, second 80mm MAF/LPM, GTS
headlight covers, possibly a second set of slicers, I have to check
with my dad.  If my dad wants to keep a set, the directionals have
completely warn Michelins, the non-directionals have a few thousand
miles left in the snow tires.

This is a great car with a lot of good miles left in it.  It handles
like its on rails.  KBB says 2400, so with the miles, repairs needed,
repairs performed and parts/mods included, Im looking for $3200 OBO.

Oh, and I'm located in Detroit.