[Shotimes] Tricks For Injector and Spark Diagnostic

Justin Schick jschick@aafp.org
Fri, 09 May 2003 11:19:12 -0500

Spark is easy. Buy or borrow a cheap timing light. If you're getting
spark to the plugs, it'll light up as you turn the engine over.

To check if gas is in the rail, press the schrader valve stem thingy
and see if it comes out. One step better would be to install a gauge and
take a pressure reading. That won't test the injectors themselves
though. I'd do the balance test as stated previously, assuming you can
get it started in the first place.

Good luck,

Justin
dead 92, anxiously awaiting its new legs this weekend

>>> "Ken Johnson" <kenjo@attbi.com> 05/09/03 05:20AM >>>
Anybody know a better way to check if my fuel injectors are firing
other than
pulling a plug and seeing if it smells like gas ?

Anybody know a better way to check if I am getting spark other than
pulling a
plug out of the well an grounding to the chassis ?

Ken
'95 Blue MTX
'91 Mocha Mocha
'91+ Green (totaled)