[Shotimes] Water pump replacement question

fwhittle@mindspring.com fwhittle@mindspring.com
Sat, 10 May 2003 22:41:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hey-
     I'm in the middle of doing the timing belt/ckp/water pump replacement
on my '95 ATX.  I bought a new Ford water pump, which is complete with the
front and rear sections.  Is it necessary to replace the whole thing, or
can I just separate the front pump portion from the rear piece and install
the pump portion on my old rear piece still bolted in place?  Is the gasket
between the pieces permatexed in place, or just sandwiched between?  It
looks like this would be a MUCH easier way to go than removing the whole
thing.
     I do like the idea someone had of separating the wires of the CKP
from the connectors to facilitate removal and installation without removing
the rear plate behind the cam sprockets.  It took a while to figure out how
to do it, but it is pretty simple.

Thanks for any input.

Frank Whittle
'95 ATX