FW: [Shotimes] Trick to removing rear ABS sensor?

Ron DeReus dereus@fbx.com
Sun, 11 May 2003 22:22:04 -0500

Tried that; got about at 5/16" hole through, but not straight (out the side
of the casing, just missed.)  I ground the tapered end of the bolt flat and
drilled in again from that direction; a little straighter, but not much, and
it won't let go.  The "easy-outs" I had just spun in the hole.  So, after
getting the tip on the ABS harness under the back seat, I had the knuckle
off in about a half hour.  Back in a vise in my brother-in-law's shop it
still took about an hour of 3 of us running a drill, chisels, punches,
etc... to get that sucker out.  Geez, I still don't understand how a bolt
that was just out last September could be so stuck in place.  Now, to
reassemble sometime this week.  My son has little league practice and Tiger
Cubs tomorrow night, a game Tuesday night, another practice and  church
Wednesday night.  I hate to miss my kid's events, but I might have to.

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of George Fourchy
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2003 6:55 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Trick to removing rear ABS sensor?

On Sun, 11 May 2003 18:18:08 -0500, Dave Kegel wrote:

>Why remove the knuckle at all?  Drill out the bolt with a hand drill and
>replace with a bolt and nut.

I agree.  The odd shape of the knuckle will make it VERY hard to hold steady
on a
drill press table.  Let the car hold it steady for you, and just go in from
either
side and then use a bolt and nut.

Too easy!!   And it will take 15 minutes to fix, rather than a whole lot of
hassle
to remove so many parts, take it off, tie it down, do the drilling, and then
reverse
everything.

George