[Shotimes] Subframe, Flywheel

bobsteig@att.net bobsteig@att.net
Fri, 16 May 2003 15:04:45 +0000

I have 2 1/2 years experience with the 17 lb ShoShop billet flywheel. I find it
to be a terrific performance enhancer, while still maintaining good
driveability. The Fidanza flywheel is significantly lighter and while you while
you will notice a dramatic difference in performance, the downside is that
driveability is impacted, especially if you live in an area where there are
hills or mountains. You'll have to keep the RPM's spooled way up to get the car
going on an uphill start.

As far as the aluminum SFB's, I've had 'em for a couple of years and feel that
you can't beat 'em for responsiveness and road feel. The only possible downside
might be the harsher ride. Torque 'em down every other oil change or so, mine
tend to loosen up a bit after a few thousand miles or so.

Also, I've had no problems w/ the ceramic TOB.

BB-NYC Member # 4105 ('89, black, 66,000 mi. K&N drop-in, ShoShop billet
flywheel, alum SFB's Josh T Ceramic TOB and reinforced mounts)