[Shotimes] Energy Suspension Bushings

James F. Ryan III av8r567@optonline.net
Sat, 17 May 2003 20:32:12 -0400

My ES sway bar to body bushings had built-in grease fittings.

FWIW, I was not pleased with the ES poly bushings.  Even with periodic
greasing the rear sway bar managed to 'egg-hole' the sway bar to body
bushings and caused an annoying and elusive clunking.

Also, my '91+ came with the 24/26 setup from the factory and I've never been
happy with the handling - understeer.  I once drove a '90 LX wagon (rental
car) and was amazed that it handled better than my SHO!!!

I recently bought a 22mm and a 20.5mm FSB and I'm looking forward to testing
both of them.  When I do, the ES poly bushings will finally be thrown away
and I'll try rubber bushings on the front and TPR bushings on the rear.

As always, YMMV.  Some people like the combo you're installing, but I vote
No for the 24/26 setup and No for the ES poly bushings.

Jim Ryan
(Living and working in Kentucky for the next 2 months)
Wayne, NJ
'91 Plus - all white/mocha with fiberglass hood, rod shifter, & rear spoiler

255 Lph fuel pump, SHO Shop can & horn, 80mm MAF, S&B cone filter, SHO Shop
HiFlow Y-pipe & cat-back exhaust, SHO Shop LPM, SHO Shop underdrive pulleys,
SHO Shop HiRevs Jr clutch & steel billet LiteWeight flywheel, reinforced
engine & trans mounts, SHO Shop TQ limiters, SHO NUT aluminum SFBs, FPS '96
SHO front brakes, Carbotech F brake pads, Nook's full-body SFCs, Koni adj
struts, SHO Shop linear springs, 24mm FSB, 26mm RSB, SHO Shop steel f&r
STBs, Bridgestone Potenza RE-730 225/55-16, CATZ MSP fog lights, police
grille