[Shotimes] Energy Suspension Bushings

James F. Ryan III av8r567@optonline.net
Sun, 18 May 2003 15:46:41 -0400

> As you add performance suspension components (solid SFBs, SFCs,
> Koni/Eibach/Intrax/Tokico, harder bushings, etc, etc) the general tendency
> will be to make the car more tail-happy. And too much tail-happiness is
> NOT
> a good thing for track or "spirited" road driving....ask the Gen 3 guys
> with
> 26mm (or larger) rear bars who have spun out.

Ron, take a look at my signature.  My '91 understeered 10 years ago (before
I made modifications) and it still understeers today.  As far as tires, I've
had GY Eagle GT+4s, BFG Comp T/A VR4s, and presently BS Potenza RE730s.  I
take the same 270 degree on-ramp every morning and I never make it more than
halfway thru before the SHO starts to plow.

The '90 LX rental wagon with the heavier 3.8L and non-performance tires on
15" basket weave wheels was glued to the inside radius of the ENTIRE 270
degree on-ramp with only the slightest hint of protest from the tires.  Same
driver, same technique - explain that.

Jim Ryan
(Living and working in Kentucky for the next 2 months)
Wayne, NJ
'91 Plus - all white/mocha with fiberglass hood, rod shifter, & rear spoiler

255 Lph fuel pump, SHO Shop can & horn, 80mm MAF, S&B cone filter, SHO Shop
HiFlow Y-pipe & cat-back exhaust, SHO Shop LPM, SHO Shop underdrive pulleys,
SHO Shop HiRevs Jr clutch & steel billet LiteWeight flywheel, reinforced
engine & trans mounts, SHO Shop TQ limiters, SHO NUT aluminum SFBs, FPS '96
SHO front brakes, Carbotech F brake pads, Nook's full-body SFCs, Koni adj
struts, SHO Shop linear springs, 24mm FSB, 26mm RSB, SHO Shop steel f&r
STBs, Bridgestone Potenza RE-730 225/55-16, CATZ MSP fog lights, police
grille