[Shotimes] Loose front wheel bearings?

Ronnie D Smith rsmith@goodegg.com
Mon, 19 May 2003 14:28:59 -0500

When you changed the bearings, did you also change out the races?  I was
always told that you should do bearings and races together.  Maybe the
races are worn enough that new bearings alone won't fix the problem.
Had same problem on and old ford truck...ended up putting in new races
in the front hubs along with new bearings.

Just an idea...

Ronnie D Smith Jr
IT Department
Rose Acre Farms
Phone (812) 497-2557 ext 290
rsmith@goodegg.com

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of James White
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 1:56 PM
To: mhelpinstill; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Loose front wheel bearings?

Did you replace the hub also?

I just got done with a wheel bearing replacement. Since I didn't have
press, I took the new bearing & hub to auto machine shop.  Told the guy
there, that to reuse the old hub if possible.  The Timken hub has
regular short SLO studs.  And the stud holes are a different size than
the SHO hubs.  But he had to use the new hub because it was worn.  Maybe
you also need a new hub? I think that I paid $75-80 for both hub &
bearing @ rockauto.

regards,  Jim White - greensho@crown.net
Valparaiso, Indiana
'93  5 SPEED   278k few mods
'95  5 SPEED   246k lots of mods
"double clutch"  it's good for both you and your SHO