[Shotimes] OT Humor

Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 15:57:58 -0400

>From the "You might want to research that a little more" department:

"Destruction of Nuclear Bombs Using Ultra-High Energy Neutrino
Beam," Hirotaka Sugawara, Hiroyuki Hagura, and Toshiya Sanami,
<http://arXiv.org/abs/hep-ph/0305062>. The authors explain their
work as follows:

"We have shown that it is possible to eliminate the nuclear bombs
from the surface of the earth utilizing the extremely high energy
neutrino beam. When the neutrino beam hits a bomb, it will cause
the fizzle explosion with 3% of the full strength. It seems that
it is not possible to decrease the magnitude of the explosion
smaller than this number at this stage. It is important to
decrease this number to destroy bombs safely. We are not sure what
this means when the plutonium or uranium is used to ignite the
hydrogen bomb. We may just break the bomb or may lead to a full
explosion."

Mike Wojton
Toledo, Ohio

-'95 Green MTX  3/01-1/03