[Shotimes] FUEL PUMP RELAY

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Sat, 24 May 2003 07:47:30 -0700

Sent this on Thursday, but didn't see it on the list......

On Thu, 22 May 2003 02:11:07 EDT, BOB6867@aol.com wrote:

>Got up this morning and the car would not start.
>I do not hear the fuel pump kicking on, I do have spark.

I'll betcha $100 this is the problem.....

How bright is your CE light?  If it is dimmer than the other lights, you have a
power problem to the computer.  The CPS sensor will generate a spark even without
the computer if it is depowered.  It gets power from a single wire and connector
that comes off the positive terminal of the battery.  If your cable ends have been
replaced, this connection can be bad.  It cost me big bucks to figure this out two
years ago over a 3 month period trying to get a Plus across the country.

Also check the negative/ground connection for the computer....it goes to the fender
right behind the battery.

George and the Plus from Hell....now running good, with a/c and cruise, TUVM.  Just
gotta get the right struts in it, tighten that pinch, and fix some
rust.....RUST!!!????

;-)