[Shotimes] A/C Question

Steve Weinrich stevwein@swbell.net
Tue, 27 May 2003 07:53:46 -0500

No, that rate would be for replacement of the evaporator core.  Figure 8-10
hours just for replacement of that part if needed

The accumulator and dryer (different names for the same part) is under the
hood and should only cost around $150 for parts and a couple hours of labor
to replace it and to service the system.

Only two reasons for replacing an evaporator:  leaks or clogs.  Make sure
they have done adequate diagnosis.  Either your report of the problem found
is inaccurate or incomplete, someone at the shop is using the wrong
terminolgy, or you're being set up for a rip-off.

Steve W