[Shotimes] 93 sho limited edition

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Tue, 27 May 2003 16:10:02 -0400

No, there were no "limited edition" SHOs of any year.

You didn't mention which transmission (ATX or MTX) that it has. It is due
for the "60K" (really more like a "100K" service), if nothing else to get a
new timing belt and plugs/wires.

Unless the car is in immaculate condition with all service records, I feel
that $3,500 is a bit high. I notice that your e-mail addy is from the UK, so
I don't know if you are looking at the car in the US or the UK. In the US, I
would put that car at being in the $2,300-$2,800 range. I am in the process
of selling a '95 MTX with 93K miles, and I recently bought a '94 MTX with
168K miles, and neither car was bought/sold for $3,500 (both less).

If the car is an ATX, and they can't show any tranny maintenance/replacement
receipts, this is another bargaining point, along with the lack of a 60K.

The key thing is to drive the car with the stereo off, and listen for
noises. Try every accessory. Make sure the car drives right. And look under
it for leaks. These things will tell you most of what you need to know. And
do it with a critical thought process. Most people, when they are looking to
buy a car, and not being objective enough when they do these things. You
must actively look for problems when you check out the car.