[Shotimes] Rear Sway Bar bushing questions

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Tue, 27 May 2003 20:02:52 -0400

??? What do you mean by "center to center"??

I have a link in the garage. It is 11 1/4" overall, and 5 11/16" from the
inner bushing-stop to bushing-stop.

I don't see where a different length link would change the ride height, it
will just change the position of the bar WRT the strut mounting point.

Ron Porter (still in pain after a 13-hour day of changing sway bars,
subframe bushings, and brake proportioning valves between two SHOs!)

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of David Rosicke
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 7:37 PM
To: 'SHOtimes'
Subject: [Shotimes] Rear Sway Bar bushing questions

End links:

Is the factory kit 9.5" center to center?

If so, and since the car is sitting lower, I am thinking of using a 9" kit
instead.  The company I am ordering from has 9" or 10" kits.

Body bushings:
Moog has the proper 26MM bushing.
TRW is 25MM max.
ES sucks.
Ford no longer lists the factory part for the 26mm bar.
PST lists a poly-graphite.

I just ordered the PST bushings.

Suggestions on the End links?

Thanks!