[Shotimes] 11.87 second SHO... (Don Mallinson)

Mark Mucher mmucher@bellsouth.net
Tue, 27 May 2003 22:50:43 -0400

Ron - Don't hold back - tell us how you REALLY feel! <G>

mm in sunny FL

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Ron Porter
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 10:43 PM
To: 'Shotimes'

OK, I went and dug out the old Registry magazines.

Don, I know that Del Smith was/is a friend of yours, so no offense,
but......

SHO Registry Volume 2 Number 4 Winter 92-93: First article on the "Super
SHO" (my quotes), describing the "incredible' performance from the Pro-M
77mm MAF, the Borla catback, and the Hypertech chip. Also talks about new
Speedline wheels and Firestone SVXZ tires. I feel nausea coming on.....

SHO Registry Volume 3 Number 3 Summer 1993: the "Super SHO" gets the
Logicams, and a new Centerforce Clutch. Claims that 0-60 is now 5 seconds,
with 1/4 mile times in the low 12s with a best of 11.87!!!!! First off, a
5-second 0-60 would hardly get you to the 13s. At this point, I have a
wastebasket nearby as the nausea and the smell of b*llsh*t gets very
strong!!

SHO Registry Volume 3 Number 4 Winter 93-94: No more about the
"11-second-Super SHO", but Del Smith writes an article about Koni inserts
and POWERUP. First thought is that he must be able to hold his breath for a
long time, considering how long he had his nose up the ass of the Koni and
POWERUP sales reps so he could get freebies.

Looking back on it, I don't know Del Smith personally, and maybe he's a nice
guy, but anything that he wrote for the SHO Registry magazine is absolute
BS, and not to be believed. It is the "Dark Ages" of SHO history, as far as
I'm concerned.

Ron Porter