[Shotimes] 11.87 second SHO...

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 28 May 2003 13:22:25 -0400

Yeah, the way Del wrote was more like what you expect from a mainstream car
mag that has to sell ad space (can anyone say "Motor Trend"??). I feel the
SHO Club magazine is fine in this regard, but I do expect a club magazine to
give owners the straight scoop and not the vendor's BS. It is funny reading
back through some of the old ads and the bogus claims.

Actually, there WERE discussions after the "low 12s, 11.87 best" claim came
out, and I knew it was absolute BS. We did discuss it on the list and in
Dallas the next year, IIRC.

I wasn't saying that I didn't like his wheels (actually I do), or that all
the parts he discussed are bogus (Pro-M, Koni and Centerforce are fine).
It's just that once I lose the trust of an author due to bogus claims, I
don't believe anything else I read from that person. He went over-the-top on
his descriptions.

Now......here's another one for the barf bag!!!!! It is the vendor,
specifically Bob Walter at Logicams. SHO Registry, Volume 4 Number 1, Spring
1994, on Page 7 (the Logicams full-page ad).

"Ted Breaux's 1989 "SHO" 3.0 litre DOHC Four Cam V-6 Now Making 325 HP On
The Dyno Documented"

"A 1934 Ford Phaeton With A V-6 Yamaha Four Cam-Four Valve DOHC Engine
Making 450 HP...With A Mustang "T"-5-Speed Tranny And A Jaguar Third Member"

No mention of either of these cars with blowers. Sorry, can't buy either one
of these, particularly 450 HP from a "Four Cam-Four Valve DOHC" SHO Motor!!