[Shotimes] RE: RIP 96 ES Maybe

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Wed, 28 May 2003 21:32:12 -0500

Now that I have had the time to see the car dry and in good
light, I find that the ONLY panels not dented are the
drivers side panels.  The hood/roof/trunk and entire right
side are pretty bad.

Went by the Chevy dealer today, and it looks like about
every car there has at least one big ding in the hood,
didn't get out and walk around, but the roofs have to be as
bad.

I guess not moving down the road makes a difference or I got
caught in a lot worse hail...or Ford sheetmetal dents easier
than Chevy/Olds/Saab metal?

Anyway, I would be very surprised if the don't total the
car.  So I have to decide, buy it back and keep driving in
embarassing condition till fall or get something else now.

If I buy another used SHO, I hope I can find one as nice as
my 96, I knew its condition and just got it the way I wanted
(hitch, exhaust, intake, UDP, FSTB).  All that except the
mufflers must come off before I let the car go to the
insurance company.

Depending on price, anyone interested in my car if I buy it
back?

Don Mallinson