[Shotimes] Fuel Mileage, fuel regulator and Codes

Steve Weinrich stevwein@swbell.net
Thu, 29 May 2003 08:06:43 -0500

511 codes are normal when running with an after-market chip.  The add-on
chip changes the ROM checksum and causes this self-test to fail.

542/543 are normal if the car has been stalled.

137 is bank 2 always rich.  Bank 2 is closest to the radiator and includes
4, 5, and 6 cylinders.  You have your banks reversed.

If the front O2 sensor is giving accurate readings, I would suspect some
kind of  restriction in the front portion of the intake manifold.  I can't
think of a likely scenario whereby all three cylinders would be getting
extra fuel except under the control of the EEC.

I would try a new Bosch sensor from AutoZone, reset the KAM in the EEC, and
try it again.

Steve W