[Shotimes] okay, the subwoofer is not working

Jim and Debbie Leyden jndleyden@mindspring.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 19:10:09 -0400

Yes, I was not only born back then, I was taught manners.  Something you
apparently never were.  I was gainfully employed building top fuel motors
for a NDBA Top Fuel Drag Boat Racing Team (only in those days it was called
Blown Fuel Hydroplane) and have date stamped pictures of myself building and
tuning them if anyone would like proof.  I grew up in California.  (I'm sure
you have heard of that place.  You might even know where it is, you know,
where hot rodding started?)  Thirty five years ago I was past "getting my
hands dirty maintaining/modifying cars" and was smart enough to clean things
up before I started.
It just so happens that what you prefer to call "arm chair quarterbacking"
(with absolutely no knowledge of the true chain of events I might add) was
in reality my and Shawn Pasleys (you know Shawn, another of those zit faced
kids) endeavor to find out why there had been four cases (that we knew of
that time) of engines being blown from valve spring failures in cars that
had a certain type of aftermarket valve springs in them.  The springs in
question were shipped to a spring manufacturer that analyzed them (and not
from their arm chairs either I might add) and sent back a report outlining
the failure mode and the proper way to manufacture the springs to avoid it
in the future.
At no time did I profess to being "the Supreme Being when it comes to
understanding aftermarket SHO valve springs" but I am smart enough to know
that when you run into a manufacturing problem the best thing to do is call
an expert and not someone that has only "been getting my hands dirty
maintaining/modifying cars for the last 35 years".
I also tried to make you understand in my original email to you that I am
not some lard assed IT flunky that screws up cars as a hobby but a genuine
AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEER (you remember what they are don't you?  They were the
ones that you envied in college. IF you even went there) and have worked in
the auto industry for decades.  Seems you forgot to read that part.

I can't count the number of times that I have started a reply to someone who
was having troubles with their car and gotten most of the way through the
reply before just deleting it because I didn't want to hear the grief from
some small minded jerk like you.

So, perhaps the list might be a more informative and better place for all if
it weren't for a rather small but very vocal group of people that can't seen
to get over their own lack of true education and training in the automotive
field and prefer assume that just because THEY don't know squat about how to
make an automobile (or any other kind of manufacturing), the rest of the
free world doesn't either.

Sorry for you that it is Friday and you have no patience for your self.

Jim
'93 MTX