(OT) Golf Courses...was: RE: [Shotimes] headers

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Sat, 31 May 2003 10:07:57 -0700

On Fri, 30 May 2003 23:49:29 -0500, James White wrote:

>George,
>
>The only way that I will get the AWA to go along with me for the 2004
>convention is to entice her with:
>A) Winery tours (easy?)
>B) Good Resturants (also likely easy?)
>C) Ballroom Dancing (as in Waltz, Foxtrot, Cha-Cha, etc.)
>
>Forget "barn-yarn pool", what do you guys have out there where we can dance?

LOL!!  Is two out of three good enough??

Everything is tentative at this point, but I know the restaurants are there.  We
have the Napa Valley just 20 miles away from my home, which is 12 miles away from
the hotel (If we use that hotel).  I've had a tour there, at the Mondavi Winery, and
it was great.  They have them every day.  Tentative plans for the convention leave a
couple of half days for tours and sightseeing.  I'm putting one together for San
Francisco proper, including eating, and another for Napa Valley.  We/You also might
be able to go to Lake Tahoe or to Reno.  There are plenty of good
restaurants...we're emphasizing steak houses and Chinese food.  Coming back from the
racetrack is Cattlemen's, and Fisherman's Wharf is included in the SFO tour.

Finding dancing......for that they made Google!!   (actually, I can inquire, but I
wouldn't hold my breath if I were you!)

;-)

George

PS...More ideas will be coming at the list later today and tomorrow....I'll take all
reasonable suggestions once you all get the list of what there is to do in
California.