[Shotimes] Sigh...Strikes again...:'(

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 13:42:43 -0500

Ah.....Gen 1......I never did a pad job on my '89.

No "clips" on the later pads.

From: Kerby Haltom [mailto:kerbyh@netzero.net]
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 1:21 PM
To: Ron Porter; 'Shylo McKinsey'; 'TaurusSHO'
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Sigh...Strikes again...:'(

The Gen I SHO and Police units both use the heavy duty front calipers that
have steel pistons.  The 'regular' Tauri got phenolic
pistons.  The  plastic is much thicker than the steel, so the hole in the
piston is smaller.  Therefore, there are two different size clips.

Plastic is cheaper than steel, hence the reason Ford made two different
sizes.

Kerby