[Shotimes] Instruction On Reinforcing Motor Mounts

Bruce Malachuk bmalach1@nycap.rr.com
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:38:42 -0500

Jus buy the ones kirk makes. For $40 a mount plus giving him your old
mounts, it's soo much easier. Course getting him to find the time to
actually make the mounts is a different story :-)

I have all 3 Kirked mounts in my 94 Opal Frost, and they are so good that I
sometimes have trouble getting started in 1st gear on wet pavement. The
engine won't move, causing the tires to break free just a little. Till I
relearned how to drive in the snow I actually didn't like the super stiff
mounts, but once I got the clutch feel down and more 2nd gear starts in the
snow, my car was much more controlable in crappy weather.

The nicest part seems to be that you're getting just about all of the power
to the ground right away. Bother him to make you a set of all 3. It's prolly
easier then trying to make you own. And then your engine will move 1/2in
forwards or back just like mine. I love em, if I had more than 2 thumbs I'd
give it more thumbs up.

Bruce Malachuk

94 Opal Frost MTX

93 Black ATX soon to be parts

93 Green MTX - black interior...a turd with wheels right now