[Shotimes] Coolant flush questions

Bruce Malachuk bmalach1@nycap.rr.com
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:13:27 -0500

I thought of putting it down at the oil cooler lines, but for some reason
someone told me that it wouldn't properly help to flush out the heater core.
Also it wouldn't aid in the "burping" of the system or the speed of doing
that. In previous flushes I'm checking the coolant level for like a week and
constantly adding, with the T in there I filled it, burped it, and then just
filled the recovery tank to about an inch past max, just before it would
dump out the overflow. Within a day or 2 of driving, the system would
balance out and the coolant would be in the middle of the min and max lines.

Distilled water isn't expensive when one owns a MIDI-5 stainless water
distiller :-) 1 gallon every 3 hours, heats my apartment, and costs roughly
~.50 per gallon of water made in electricity used. And it makes really good
tasting drinking water from the hard as a rock water we have here in Clifton
Park.

Bruce Malachuk

94 Opal Frost MTX

93 Black ATX soon to be parts

93 Green MTX - black interior...a turd with wheels right now