[Shotimes] OT (computer stuf)

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:48:45 -0800

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:37:25 -0600, kickinsho wrote:

>According to my husband, if you have multiple drives, or can partition your
>single drive, you can have more than one OS on a single computer.

Absolutely true.  We had IBM's OS2 Warp 4 OS on one partition, and Win95 on the
other one, back when 95 was new and I got my first desktop (and when I joined
SHOTimes on Am.EDU).  My personal computer guru at the time didn't like MS anything,
and he wouldn't use it to save his life until OS2 went away.  His son uses Linux.

It was a snap to use....the first full screen during the boot process was a OS
choice screen....just select the one desired, or leave it alone and the default
system would boot.  I'm considering doing that again when Linux will run enough
programs to suit me....it's getting close now.  The new laptop I'm getting will have
enough drive space to do that too, when the time comes.

I remember a few crashes of Win95 back then....one time, in 15 seconds I lost 3
years worth of SHOTimes messages in my mailer.

You wanna see _PISSED_???       ;-)

George