[Shotimes] FW: 100 to 180 MPH in ~3 secs

Leslie Nielsen leslienielsen@shaw.ca
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:08:01 -0800

I've owned three motorbikes...a Honda CB900 Custom for daily use, a Honda
500 Interceptor since it was given to me and a Kawasaki ZX-7R.  The ZX was
just plain scary with 105 hp and 405 lb dry weight.  On our Mission Speedway
I was able to get that thing doing 260 km/h (160 mph) and still have a
couple grand left til redline in top gear.  All in stock condition.  That
bike was a blast to ride full out.  Nothing compared to current bikes out
there, but it was enough to get me hooked on fast bikes (and cars).  My
friend currently owns a Honda CBR954RR...370 lbs dry and with his minor
tweaks, the bike pulls out 147 hp on the dyno.  Suicide machine.  He has a
nitrous 35 hp kit on order for it...  For raw acceleration you cannot beat a
bike.

Leslie Nielsen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Porter" <ronporter@prodigy.net>
To: "'Rick Glass'" <rick@pitroadproducts.com>; "'SHOtimes'"
<shotimes@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 10:13 AM
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] FW: 100 to 180 MPH in ~3 secs

After seeing a basically stock-appearing (with a stock exhaust) Busa hitting
156-159 trap speeds in the 1/4 (and this is with walking it out of the hole
on street tires), a turbo Busa cracking off runs like that seems easily
believable. Even when I bought my '79 1100 Yamaha many years ago, the former
owner said that "it does 50-90 in 0.0 (!!)", and he wasn't far from the
truth!! And today, 600cc bikes will clean my clock!!

When an old 95 HP or so bike like mine has pretty fierce acceleration, I
can't even imagine how strong some of the newer bikes run!!