[Shotimes] Power adder discussion

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:27:11 -0400

Don, the GMC 4-71 and 6-71 superchargers were original equipment on the
early Detroit Diesel (GM-owned) two-stroke diesel engines. There is a Yahoo
Group with info on the old Detroit two-strokes, but here is an older link
with the a mention of the early Jimmy supercharger users:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2001/Oct-25-Thu-2001/sports/17296613.
html

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Donald Mallinson
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 11:55 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Power adder discussion

Kevin,

The typical supercharger used on drag cars in the 50's and
60's was the GMC supercharger, and to the best of my memory,
it was not on a diesel engine.

I had one in my garage for a long time that my brother in
law got to put on his 57 Chevy, but it never made it.  Many
years later when my father tore that garage down to make way
for a new one, he didn't tell me and threw away the
supercharger, and a good 327 block, he also gave away all my
pedal cars to the guy that tore the garage down.  Those are
worth something today!

Lesson is, if your parents are storing stuff you really
want, then go get it!

Don Mallinson

Kevin & Cheryl Airth wrote:
> Jonathan:
> Most over the road trucks use turbos but not all. The famous Detroit
Diesel