[Shotimes] RE: (OT) Cheap Torque Wrenches

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 00:06:41 -0400

Yup. If one of my $10 torque wrenches goes bad, the shipping to get warranty
coverage will probably cost more....it will be trash time!!

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Kerby Haltom
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2003 11:26 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] RE: (OT) Cheap Torque Wrenches

China may be around longer that Sears, but I doubt Harbor Freight will be...

The difference in warranties, is with Sears, you don't need a
receipt.  Take it to any Sears, anywhere, and a covered tool will be
replaced.  With HF you must have the receipt and one where you are.  I can
get a Craftsman wrench replaced in East Bumhell Nowhere, but not so with a
HF tool.  Even if I had the receipt with me.

Then again, the HF tool is probably so inexpensive, I don't care!

Kerby