[Shotimes] Insurance (again, sorry)

Alan Fanning Awfanning@earthlink.net
Mon, 06 Oct 2003 22:24:24 -0700

In my most recent insurance bill, insurance for my '91 SHO has jumped 39%
while coverage on my wife's '98 Accord dropped 17%. The net result is the
Honda is now $51 cheaper to insure per 6 month period than the SHO. Anybody
else seeing similar trends on their SHO insurance rates?

The other curiosity is that liability on the fully insured '91 is $181,
whereas on the '90 SHO that I have (which has neither comp or collision) the
liability is $70 for the same 50/100/300 coverage. Isn't liability
independent of the car's value and more a function of the likely damage
you'll do to somebody else? Weird.

    Alan