[Shotimes] a slight problem...

Tom Teixeira tjteixeira@earthlink.net
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 21:41:22 -0400

At 12:53 AM -0400 10/6/03, NoNo :-D wrote:
>My car does a new trick. Sometimes when i go to start it up it
>looses all power, then to get it running again i just have to pop
>the hood and play with the negative wire on the battery and it works
>again. but today when i went to go do it and closed my hood it
>wouldnt close right. it'll go down, but it wont lock down. it'll
>stay at the point from where you pop it from inside the car, ya know
>where its locked so it doesnt fly up when you're doing 90 mphs on
>the highway. it just wont lock closed. any ideas on how to fix it?
>Thanks :) :)

Lots of people have told you about the battery connectors. I recently
had trouble with my hood latch, but it was stuck closed (wouldn't pop
up when I pulled the hood release). I had my wife pull the hood
release and I got the hood open. Then I  removed the hood latch,
cleaned it out with strong detergent (simple green), oiled it a bit
and put it back. You can probably clean it well enough without
removing it. See if that gets the hood latch to work more easily.

--

Tom Teixeira		mailto:tjteixeira@earthlink.net
Blue 94 5-speed 127K	http://world.std.com/~tjt