[Shotimes] Dyno test of Mocha SHO

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:59:44 -0400

Running it through the calculator with an 18% loss shows about 231 HP, which
seems about right.

Yes, the car seemed to be a strong-running stock example, and with the 190
HP at the wheels, definitely puts it in the 90 to 95th percentile of power
for stock SHOs. Looks like it ought to be an easy 14 second car.....if it
had some decent tires!!

Bring it up to Lapeer on the 25th and find out!!

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Donald Mallinson
Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2003 5:57 PM
To: SHOtimes Mailing List
Subject: [Shotimes] Dyno test of Mocha SHO

The local dyno shop was having $55 tests today (Saturday)
and I stopped by with the bone stock 91 Mocha Plus.

Just wanted to see if my seat of the pants impression was
correct.  I had felt, and I think Ron Porter will back this
up, that the car felt like a good strong (otherwise: Normal)
stock SHO.

Two pulls were almost identical an a tick under 190 hp.

I was happy to confirm that the car is making almost
perfectly the 220 hp it is advertised to have.

Since this guy had the exact same dyno setup that I used to
have, and he knows me, he let me drive my car on the dyno.
Have to say I miss that feeling, and all the motions came
back instantly.

Also, it was the first time I got to ride up and down on the
lift.  When I had my shop, I always ran the system rather
than ride!

Fun day.

Don Mallinson